Friday 8 June 2012

40 Hours - Votive Mass for Vocations

Today's votive mass at 12.15 is for vocations.  A votive mass is one which said for a special intention (votum). For more information about votive Mass click here.
Ordination of Deacon John Miller
Weblink for Lancaster VocationsEarlier this year, John Miller was ordained a Deacon, news of his forthcoming ordination as priest was announced in the Diocesan website for vocations. For a 3 minute video on World Youth Day and vocations click here  

Vocation Prayer


Dear Father,Shine your light upon me so that I may see my true vocation. Give me the grace to hear your word and be an example to others of your love for us.I pray for all in Priesthood, Consecrated life, Marriage and Single life, and for all who are listening to your call, that they may answer you in their vocation.Thankyou for sending your son Jesus - with the help of your Holy Spirit help me to follow His example. May I freely, courageously and lovingly respond. Amen.