Sunday 16 June 2013

First Holy Communion - 2013

Today 19 of our young people came to the end of their preparation for Holy Communion and reached that wonderful moment in their journey of faith when they received Jesus in Holy Communion.  On Friday they will join the young people who received the Sacrament of Confirmation to receive their certificates (see Year of Faith Blog about Holy Communion Certificates) and together celebrate these great sacraments.  All welcome to join the Celebration Mass and shared party on Friday 21st June at 6.30pm St Thomas More.
Holy Communion Group 2013
The bulletin this week included an account from St Therese of Lisieux on her first Holy Communion day in which she describes: 
how lovely it was, that first kiss of Jesus in my heart - it was truly a kiss of love.  I knew that I was loved and said, "I love You, and I give myself to You forever"