Monday 15 July 2013

Vocations 9: Courage to respond to God's call

For the courage to respond to God's call
Sometimes it can be hard to hear God's call and to have the courage to respond.  We read in the Gospels of how some of Jesus' disciples found it hard to do what he asked.  Sometimes there are things that get in the way of answering God's call, we may find it hard to listen or like Samuel not realise it is the Lord who is calling.  This week we pray that all of us may be able to listen to God's voice and do what he asks of us.  May we be like Samuel and have the courage to say 'Hear I am Lord, it is I Lord, I have heard you calling in the night, I will go Lord if you lead me ...'





Let us pray for all those who are unable to hear or respond to God's call to serve Him - that they may find courage to listen to follow where He leads.