Sunday 27 April 2014

'Today I saw Jesus ...'

 During the Easter season the children in children's liturgy will be receiving 'photos' from Gospel characters. Today, it is Thomas who says 'Today I saw Jesus ...'  We listen to John's Gospel and story of Jesus appearing to Thomas who had doubted he had risen from the dead. When Thomas sees Jesus and puts his hands into his side he believes and cries out 'My Lord and My God' which is the title of our sacramental preparation programme for the sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion.  
A short video for children, especially those involved in the My Lord and My God programme to talk about what it is to believe.


Stations of the Resurrection This event is one of the Stations of the Resurrection - or Way of Light.  See post tomorrow for more about these stations which help us celebrate and give thanks for the resurrection